- Educational practice, musicianship and dyslexia – Dr Laurel Parsons, today! 4pm
- Discussion Review- Reading Group 3 – Rhythm in music and predictive processing
- Reading Group 3 – Rhythm in music and predictive processing
- Discussion Review- Reading Group 2- Emotion in music and predictive processing
- The Psychology of Musical Development – 30 years on, Prof. David Hargreaves (Wed 8 Mar)
- Effect of Internet-mediated music therapy intervention on reduction in generalized anxiety disorder symptoms among displaced Nigerians of the Russia–Ukraine war
- Music genre and volume do not modulate energy intake, short-term satiety, and mood states: A randomized controlled trial
- Free rider recognition—A missing link in the Baldwinian model of music evolution
- The emotional link between color and music: What happens with atonal music?
- Preference for harmony: A link between aesthetic responses to combinations of colors and musical tones.
- Review of <em>Performing music research: Methods in music education, psychology, and performance science</em>.
Category Archives: Uncategorized
This IMHSD seminar will take place today at 4pm in the Atrium, Alison House — A fascinating topic for music educationalists in Higher Education, and very important. In HE we have more control over our curricula – and the potential … Continue reading
Greetings everyone! The second reading group meets us with an overview of emotion and predictive processing in music. The stage is set with a general introduction to the ITPRA theory of expectation, and the evolutionary adaptation of expectation and emotion … Continue reading
Please note that although the time is 1-2pm as usual, our meeting place has changed and is now: Room 1.20 in the Dugald Stewart Building.