- Educational practice, musicianship and dyslexia – Dr Laurel Parsons, today! 4pm
- Discussion Review- Reading Group 3 – Rhythm in music and predictive processing
- Reading Group 3 – Rhythm in music and predictive processing
- Discussion Review- Reading Group 2- Emotion in music and predictive processing
- The Psychology of Musical Development – 30 years on, Prof. David Hargreaves (Wed 8 Mar)
- Effect of Internet-mediated music therapy intervention on reduction in generalized anxiety disorder symptoms among displaced Nigerians of the Russia–Ukraine war
- Music genre and volume do not modulate energy intake, short-term satiety, and mood states: A randomized controlled trial
- Free rider recognition—A missing link in the Baldwinian model of music evolution
- The emotional link between color and music: What happens with atonal music?
- Preference for harmony: A link between aesthetic responses to combinations of colors and musical tones.
- Review of <em>Performing music research: Methods in music education, psychology, and performance science</em>.
Category Archives: Spring 2014
As Lauren wrote in her email to the EMPRes list: This week’s paper is a bit different – it’s an explanation of a Matlab toolbox for music information retrieval. Getting to know this software will I’m sure make music research … Continue reading
This reading group session discussed a recent review paper by Barbara Tillman and colleagues published in Wiley Interdisciplinary Reviews: Cognitive Science. The paper draws together the most recent evidence to examine a number of music psychology issues : expectation, emotion, … Continue reading
IMHSD student, Ana Almeida, gave an informal presentation on her PhD research on children’s spontaneous movement to music. Ana devised a study that used Laban movement analysis of the free-style dance responses of early-years children. Research into children’s spontaneous physical … Continue reading