EMPRes fortnightly reading group meetings are going on hold for a while, until Nikki comes back from maternity leave, and after Lauren gets back from Australia where she’s enjoying a stint at the MARCS Institute, University of Western Sydney with the Music Cognition and Action group.
- Educational practice, musicianship and dyslexia – Dr Laurel Parsons, today! 4pm
- Discussion Review- Reading Group 3 – Rhythm in music and predictive processing
- Reading Group 3 – Rhythm in music and predictive processing
- Discussion Review- Reading Group 2- Emotion in music and predictive processing
- The Psychology of Musical Development – 30 years on, Prof. David Hargreaves (Wed 8 Mar)
- Book review: John Rink, Helena Gaunt, and Aaron Williamon (Eds.), Musicians in the making: Pathways to creative performance
- The relationship between small music ensemble experience and empathy skill: A survey study
- Effects of motifs in music therapy on the attention of children with externalizing behavior problems
- Perception-Based Classification of Expressive Musical Terms: Toward a Parameterization of Musical Expressiveness
- Microtiming and Mental Effort: Onset Asynchronies in Musical Rhythm Modulate Pupil Size
- Enjoy The Violence: Is Appreciation for Extreme Music the Result of Cognitive Control Over the Threat Response System?
- The Effects of Timbre on Neural Responses to Musical Emotion
- Information-theoretic Modeling of Perceived Musical Complexity