New acquisition! Albers’ Interaction of Color: Complete Digital Edition
Interaction of Color: Complete Digital Edition from Yale A&A ePortal:
The Interaction of Color: Complete Digital Edition website offers an entirely new way for users to experience Josef Albers’ original masterwork. The website incorporates interactive features that help students understand the book’s fundamental concepts, study the plates, and experiment with their own designs.
● Features full text and plate commentary, describing Albers’ renowned principles on how to see and understand color.
● Includes 122 original color studies, many allowing users to move pieces to see the effects of the colors against different backgrounds.
● Presents 60 interactive plates that reproduce the experience of working with paper, a captivating feature inspired by Albers’ teaching methodologies.
● Allows students to create, save, and export their own version of interactive plates in .SVG and .PDF formats.
● Features over two hours of video commentary, including archival video of Albers and interviews with experts explaining key principles.
● Provides supplemental resources, including video interviews with leading contemporary designers and artists explaining how they use color in their professional practices
Your A&AePortal institutional access is the same for the Interaction of Color website. Users with A&AePortal accounts can use their same credentials to access the website. All users must have an account to use the Interaction of Color website.
Off campus/remote users:
● Log in to your institutional virtual private network (VPN)
● Use the link on the library databases A-Z list webpage, or subject lists webpages
● Sign in using your A&AePortal account credentials, or create a new account.
If you have trouble logging in, please clear your browser cache and close your browser. Next, open a new browser window and try signing in again.
You can also find it listed on DiscoverEd, the online library catalogue.