Book returns now possible at Main Library!
We are pleased to be able to announce that Book Returns are now possible at the Main Library, George Square:
You are now able to return your library books to the Main Library, George Square: Monday – Friday, 10.00am – 4.00pm.
All University of Edinburgh Library books from the Main Library and site libraries can be returned to the Main Library.
We regret we are currently not able to accept the return of laptops.
When you come to the Main Library to return books please note:
- You may be required to queue outside the Library, following social distancing guidance. Entry is on a ‘one in / one out’ basis for this service. Please follow signage and advice from Library staff managing access to the building.
- There is no general access to the Main Library at this time.
- Entry is via the main doors to use the book returns machine in the entrance area only: there is no entry through the barriers to the main ground floor or to any other part of the Library.
- The Ground Floor Helpdesk is closed – all enquiries should be directed to the Information Services Helpline at email@example.com .
- No toilet facilities are available in the Library.
- No café or refreshments are available in the Library.
Unable to return your books in person?
If you are not currently able to return your books at the Main Library please hold onto them.
All books have been renewed until 31 August 2020 and no fines will be applied to books that cannot be returned because of Covid-19.
We are looking at ways to expand the availability of book returns and to open up more of our Library services and will provide updates on this webpage as plans evolve: https://www.ed.ac.uk/is/library/covid-19
Thank you for your co-operation.