Tuesday 29th March 2016
Grassmarket Community Project (see Location)
12:00 – 13:00 _ Registration
13:00 – 13:10 _ Welcome / Introduction
Panel discussion – being expressive at scale in 3D
From projecting onto cities, to the most intimate encounters between ear and loudspeaker, this panel brings together experts from across the audiovisual landscape to discuss the role festivals, curators, artists, designers and software play in exploring the challenges and opportunities of working at different scales in 3D.
13:10 – 15:00
- Gareth Fry (sound designer of Complicite’s The Encounter)
- Roy Luxford (planning director Edinburgh International Festival)
- Varun Nair (co-founder of TwoBigEars)
- Richard Slaney (creative director 59 Productions)
- Panel moderator, Martin Parker (programme director for the University of Edinburgh’s MSc Sound Design).
15:00 – 15:30 _ Coffee break
Panel discussion – embodied media experiences
Whether inside a historical painting, wandering in a virtual architectural space or following the trajectories of animals in the forest, stereoscopic and VR technologies transport us to worlds where our bodily experiences are transformed. Being here or there, or where?
15:30 – 17:00
- Lauren Moffatt (Berlin-based media artist)
- Dorothea Kalogianni (Edinburgh-based researcher)
- Robin McNicholas (co-director Marshmallow Laser Feast)
- Panel moderator, Rocio von Jungenfeld (media researcher & tutor at Edinburgh College of Art)
17:00 – 17:30 _ Closing remarks
Please let us know if you are coming to the Symposium.
Register through: http://lifein3d-2016.eventbrite.co.uk